In addition to the Pet Health Care Library, we have provided the following links to websites that provide some great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care. We will update this page frequently, and would love to hear your ideas on links that you would like to see us add to this page to share with other pet owners. Feel free to send us your favorites. If we like them, we will add them to our list!
- Choosing a new puppy This is a nice starter guide of things that you should consider when you are thinking about getting a puppy.
- Heartworm Society
Everything you ever wanted to know about heartworm disease can be found here!
- Behavior problems We are fortunate to have a board-certified behavior specialist located nearby. At Texas Veterinary Behavior Services, Dr. Haug offers help with a variety of behaviorial issues including aggresion, phobias/fears, anxiety, litterbox issues and general unruliness, to name a few. Dr. Haug is located at 2627 Cordes Drive in Sugarland, (281) 980-3737, or www.texasvetbehavior.com.
- National Animal Poison Control Center This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- Veterinary Schools in the US This is a great link to all of the websites of veterinary schools in the United States.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including the latest news on such things as Mad Cow Diseases, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- Rainbow Bridge Anyone who has ever lost a pet should visit this wonderful site. It is a terrific tribute to our lost family members
- American Veterinary Medical Association This site is a good starting point to learn more about a variety of topics, including feline injection-site sarcomas and the latest subjects in veterinary medicine.
- American Association of Feline Practitioners The AAFP is like the American Medical Association for cat doctors, and has lots of good information regarding feline health.
- Trainer This is a link to a dog training program for which we have personal knowledge. Click on the following link to get more information. www.wearedogsmart.com
- Little Friends Pet Memorial Little Friends Pet Memorial service has provided comfort to families for many years. They offer a variety of products to fit your needs.
- Boarding Facilities
There are many boarding facilities in Houston, and we cannot be familiar with them all. Often, we rely on YOU to give us feedback on the facilities that you frequent! Two facilities that we can recommend first hand are: www.fondren5starkennels.com/ and
Have you ever wondered what you happen to your pet in the event of an automobile accident if you can’t provide information to the emergency personnel? Check out this website and order your free First Responder Approved Pet Safety Kit, which includes a pet ID card, and glovebox emergency contact information.www.barkbuckleup.com/Members/Registration.asp
- Veterinary Information Network
VIN is the world’s first and largest online veterinary community. To access this information, click on our Pet Library link to the left.
- eVetSite Systems
makes it easy for veterinarians or their staff to create a professional and educational veterinary hospital website. eVetSite Systems makes web site design easy and affordable!
- Pet Insurance There are more companies providing pet insurance than we have space to list here. We can give you guidance based on other clients and their experiences with insurance providers, but do not have the expertise to recommend a specific insurance for your pet. Most pet insurance is done by refund; you pay us upfront then send your receipt to the insurance company and they issue you a refund based on your policy. Below are links, one to the Purina Pet Insurance website which provides a comparison of different companies, and the other to the North American Pet Health Insurance Association. Remember, we do not endorse a specific company, so please use these sites as a guide to help you.